Turkey Run & Park Access Bridge
Southwest Side And Underside Looking Northeast From Turkey Run Access Road Below
Photo taken for the Historic American Engineering Record
View photos at Library of Congress
BH Photo #312586
Built as part of a project to extend the GWMP closer to a proposed terminus at Great Falls, Virginia.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Deck plate girder bridge over Turkey Run & Park Access on Gwmp
- Fairfax County, Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Built 1961; rehabilitated 1998
- - Case Construction Co. of Mt. Airy, Maryland (Contractor)
- U.S. Bureau of Public Roads of Washington, D.C.
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 107.9 ft.
Total length: 404.9 ft.
Deck width: 65.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.96350, -77.15778 (decimal degrees)
38°57'49" N, 77°09'28" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/313048/4314940 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Falls Church
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- Inventory number
- BH 65333 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 85.1 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 6, 2015: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- HAER VA-71 - Turkey Run Bridge, Spanning Turkey Run & access road, McLean, Fairfax County, VA