Stony Creek Bridge
Photo provided by Robert Szymczak
BH Photo #108989
- Rainbow arch bridge over Stony Creek on Southbound US 1
- Dinwiddie County, Virginia
- Open to two lanes of southbound traffic
- Built 1926
- - Hankins & Collins of Richmond, Virginia
- Through concrete tied arch
Length of largest span: 89.9 ft.
Total length: 167.0 ft.
Deck width: 23.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.06667, -77.60167 (decimal degrees)
37°04'00" N, 77°36'06" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/268694/4105434 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- VA 5909 (Virginia bridge number)
BH 33656 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 09/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 46.3 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- June 12, 2017: Updated by Dave King: Added contractor & link
- November 4, 2010: Updated by Matthew Ridpath: Added design specifics
- April 9, 2010: New Street View added by Nathan Holth
- December 14, 2006: Posted photos from Robert Szymczak