Riverside Cotton Mills Covered Bridge
Photo taken by Royce and Bobette Haley in January 2017
BH Photo #376114
Estimating originally had at least nine spans, Seven currently remain. Dimensions are estimates as well. Bridge was likely rebuilt at least once.
"The long covered bridge connecting the mills on both
sides of the river is said to be the largest covered bridge in the state of Virginia."-http://www.rdricketts.com/pittsco/danrivermills.html
- Abandoned bridge over Dan River on Pedestrian
- Danville, Virginia
- Bridge was built between 1882 and 1923
- Deck girder
Length of largest span: 117.0 ft.
Total length: 1,034.0 ft.
Deck width: 19.0 ft.
- Also called
- Dan River Inc. Covered Bridge
Schoolfield Division, Mill 8 Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.59309, -79.39383 (decimal degrees)
36°35'35" N, 79°23'38" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/643674/4050934 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 75204 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 19, 2017: Added by Royce and Bobette Haley
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com