Staunton River (Trib) Richmond & Danville Railroad Bridge
Photo taken by Royce and Bobette Haley in September 2017
BH Photo #402283
Dimensions are estimates. Currently the piers are being used for a MOB pony truss for the Staunton River Battlefield Trail.
- Lost bridge over Staunton River (Trib) on R&DRR/Staunton River Battlefield Trail
- Charlotte County, Virginia
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built ca1902
- - Richmond & Danville Railroad (R&D)
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 266.0 ft.
Deck width: 10.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.89006, -78.69901 (decimal degrees)
36°53'24" N, 78°41'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/705043/4085148 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 78344 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 14, 2017: Added by Royce and Bobette Haley
- September 12, 2017: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com