Eagle Rock Truss Bridge
Eagle Rock Truss Composite Bridge
Photo taken by C Hanchey in April 2010
BH Photo #162213
This 1885 bridge was the second bridge built over the James River at Eagle Rock. A third bridge, a deck truss, was constructed in 1932 to replaced this bridge. The 1932 bridge was closed in 1997 and removed in 1999. The fourth and current James River bridge at Eagle Rock was built in 2001 upstream.
- Abandoned pratt through truss bridge over James River
- Botetourt County, Virginia
- Built 1885 by the Richmond and Alleghany Railroad Co.; Bypassed by new bridge in 1932
- - Richmond & Alleghany Railroad Co. (RA)
- Composite iron and wood Pratt truss bridge consisting of top chords of wood, verticals of wood, bottom chords of iron and diagonals of iron.
- Also called
- Mule Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.64087, -79.80411 (decimal degrees)
37°38'27" N, 79°48'15" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/605507/4166642 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Eagle Rock
- Inventory number
- BH 44843 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 9, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- August 26, 2014: Updated by Luke: Added categories "Railroad", "Rail-to-road"
- August 26, 2014: New Street View added by Ralph Demars
- April 30, 2010: Updated by C Hanchey: added bridge history
- April 12, 2010: Added by C Hanchey