Norfolk Southern Railway Ayers Road Bridge
Photo taken by Royce and Bobette Haley in August 2017
BH Photo #402091
Many of the bridges along this subsection of track have been turned over to the State of Virginia, which is in the process of rehabbing or replacing them.
- Timber stringer bridge over NSRR on Ayers Rd
- Bedford County, Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Built 1932, rehabed 2017
- - Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Timber stringer
Length of largest span: 22.0 ft.
Total length: 94.2 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Skew angle
- 30 degrees
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.17039, -79.52028 (decimal degrees)
37°10'13" N, 79°31'13" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/631369/4114799 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 78276 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 14, 2017: Added by Royce and Bobette Haley
- September 11, 2017: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com