James River Blue Ridge Parkway Bridge
Photo taken by Royce and Bobette Haley in October 2016
BH Photo #371926
There is also a steel deck girder pedestrian bridge that travels under the road bridge on the same pilings.
- Concrete tee beam bridge over James River on Blue Ridge Parkway
- Bedford County, Virginia, and Amherst County, Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Built 1959
- Tee beam
Length of largest span: 100.1 ft.
Total length: 1,045.0 ft.
Deck width: 33.1 ft.
- Also called
- Harry Flood Byrd Memorial Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.55534, -79.36708 (decimal degrees)
37°33'19" N, 79°22'01" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/644232/4157734 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory numbers
BH 74660 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 6, 2016: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- December 5, 2016: Added by Royce and Bobette Haley
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com