Mount Meridian Bridge
Photo taken Nov. 2006 by Kevin M. Byrne
BH Photo #108982
January 2019 photos show only the center span remaining.
- Three-span through truss bridge over Middle River on former Route 769
- Augusta County, Virginia
- Closed to all traffic with only the center span remaining
- Built 1907 by the Champion Bridge Co.; Closed to all traffic in 1997
- - Champion Bridge Co. of Wilmington, Ohio
- Three-span pin-connected Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 129.0 ft.
Total length: 360.0 ft.
Deck width: 14.1 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Middle River Route 769 Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.26180, -78.86185 (decimal degrees)
38°15'42" N, 78°51'43" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/687064/4237025 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- VA 2309 (Virginia bridge number)
BH 33593 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 28, 2019: Updated by Tony Dillon: Recently added photos show the outer spans removed with only the center one remaining. What a waste!
- January 25, 2019: New photos from Evan Stone
- August 31, 2018: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- June 28, 2010: Updated by C Hanchey: Bridge is known as the Mount Meridian Bridge
- December 4, 2006: Bridge is still standing -- posted all new photos from Kevin M. Byrne
- Kevin M. Byrne - dcfireman [at] comcast [dot] net
- HAER VA-26 - Middle River Pratt Through-Truss Bridge, State Route 256, spanning Middle River, Weyers Cave vicinity, Augusta County, VA
- C Hanchey - cmh2315fl [at] yahoo [dot] com
- HAER VA-98 - Mount Meridian Bridge, Spanning Middle River at State Route 769, Mount Meridian vicinity, Augusta, VA
- Evan Stone
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com