Windy Run Bridge
View Southwest Side And Under Side Through Trees From Windy Run Looking East
Photo taken for the Historic American Engineering Record
View photos at Library of Congress
BH Photo #312591
Built as part of a project to extend the George Washington Memorial Parkway to the proposed terminus at Great Falls, Virginia.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Deck plate girder bridge over Windy Run on Gwmp
- Arlington County, Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Built 1959; rehabilitated 1982
- - Atlas Machine & Iron Works of Arlington, Virginia
- Blackwell Engineering Co. of Merrifield, Virginia
- U.S. Bureau of Public Roads of Washington, D.C.
- Continuous Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 106.0 ft.
Total length: 388.1 ft.
Deck width: 62.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.90533, -77.09483 (decimal degrees)
38°54'19" N, 77°05'41" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/318354/4308357 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Washington West
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- Inventory number
- BH 65339 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2017)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 66 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 6, 2015: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- HAER VA-78 - Windy Run Bridge, Spanning Windy Run, Arlington, Arlington County, VA