Gulf Branch Bridge
Underside And Southwest Side Looking East From Below On Gulf Branch
Photo taken for the Historic American Engineering Record
View photos at Library of Congress
BH Photo #312590
Built as part of a project to extend the GWMP closer to a proposed terminus at Great Falls, Virginia.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Deck plate girder bridge over Gulf Branch on Gwmp
- Arlington County, Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Built 1959; rehabilitated 1982
- - Atlas Machine & Iron Works of Arlington, Virginia
- Blackwell Engineering Co. of Merrifield, Virginia
- U.S. Bureau of Public Roads of Washington, D.C.
- Continuous Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 160.1 ft.
Total length: 423.9 ft.
Deck width: 62.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.92483, -77.11425 (decimal degrees)
38°55'29" N, 77°06'51" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/316720/4310560 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Washington West
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- Inventory number
- BH 65337 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 59.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 6, 2015: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- HAER VA-76 - Gulf Branch Bridge, Spanning Gulf Branch, Arlington, Arlington County, VA