Main Street Bridge
Photo taken by Jason in August 2020
BH Photo #479997
The bridge was replaced in 2012, but the way it fits in with the town makes it unique just like the Route 60 Bridge. You can walk under the bridge and see the buildings on stilts around the bridge.
- Bridge over Smith Creek in Clifton Forge, VA
- Clifton Forge, Alleghany County, Virginia
- Open to traffic
Length of largest span: 56.1 ft.
Total length: 168.0 ft.
Deck width: 33.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.81617, -79.82523 (decimal degrees)
37°48'58" N, 79°49'31" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/603400/4186069 (zone/easting/northing)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- Inventory numbers
- VA 27731 (Virginia bridge number)
BH 90352 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of January 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 78.4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- August 24, 2020: New photos from Jason