Bitter Creek Wash Bridge
Photo From Utah Historic Bridge Inventory
BH Photo #211095
From Historic Bridge Inventory:
The exceptional main span length of this bridge illustrates the outer limits achievable in span length within this bridge type prior to 1966. An exceptional main span length illustrates a variation within a given bridge type and is considered a significant feature in bridge engineering and construction.
- Concrete tee beam bridge over Bitter Creek Wash on Old Harley Dome Rd (orig US6/50
- Grand County, Utah
- Open to traffic
- Built 1952
- Concrete curved t-beam
Length of largest span: 82.0 ft.
Total length: 173.9 ft.
Deck width: 25.9 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.20583, -109.07639 (decimal degrees)
39°12'21" N, 109°04'35" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 12/666091/4341381 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Bitter Creek Well
- 4631 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 49462 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 01/2016)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 99.8 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- December 21, 2016: New photos from Steve Conro
- January 12, 2014: New Street View added by Steve Conro
- December 29, 2013: Updated by Steve Conro: Added category "Grand Army of the Republic Hwy"
- August 30, 2011: Added by Nathan Holth