Alum Creek Bridge
It is very unlikely that this bridge still exists. The current CR 340 is nowhere near Alum creek, but does not cross anything bridge-worthy. Judging by the fact that the other listed bridge crossing Alum creek was on CR 347 that is now CR 332, it appears that Wilson county renumbered its' roads. The other possibilities for bridges on Alum creek that could have been the old 340 are CR 421 and 422. From looking at Google maps, both crossings are relatively out in the open, and there are no shadows that would be visible from the trusses if they were there.
- Pony truss bridge over Alum Creek on (former?) CR 340
- Wilson County, Texas
- Unknown status
- Built ca. 1910
- Pony truss
Length of largest span: 71.9 ft.
Total length: 89.9 ft.
Deck width: 13.8 ft.
- Inventory numbers
- TXNBI 152470AA0340001 (Texas bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 42158 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 07/1990)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 20.9 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1982)
- August 8, 2010: Updated by Markus Haas: Updated status
- Markus Haas - markus [at] sweeet [dot] net