Barrel View from North
Photo taken by Garry Taylor August 2011
BH Photo #211675
The bridge design is quite interesting and unlike any other bridges in the area I've seen. The "T"-style vertical struts are the most striking feature to me. The deck is wood covered in asphalt and the condition is very poor. There are many holes, loose planks and a 2 foot mising section near the center. The bridge bounces and sways considerably even with just two people on it and there is no guard rail of any kind. Be extremely careful exploring this bridge.
- Bridge over Brushy Creek on Old CR457
- Williamson County, Texas
- Long abandoned
- Used to carry Hwy 95 until bypassed in mid-1960's.
Length of largest span: 105.0 ft.
Total length: 156.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.0 ft.
- Also called
- Through truss bridge over Brushy Creek on CR 457
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +30.46843, -97.40570 (decimal degrees)
30°28'06" N, 97°24'21" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/653048/3371772 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 49453 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 21, 2013: Updated by Tony Dillon: Updated information
- September 1, 2011: Updated by Garry Taylor: Updated various details.
- August 29, 2011: Added by Garry Taylor
- Garry Taylor - indy311 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com