North San Gabriel River Bridge
North San Gabriel River Bridge Substructure
Photo taken by Larry D. Moore in May 2016
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
BH Photo #353512
The bridge is a good representative example of a cantilevered-suspended span bridge type where a steel unit is placed between cantilevered arms projecting beyond the main supports of the bridge.
- Steel stringer bridge over North San Gabriel River on Austin Ave
- Georgetown, Williamson County, Texas
- Open to traffic
- Built by Dean Word in 1939
- - Dean Word
- Federal Works Agency
- Texas Highway Department
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 85.0 ft.
Total length: 367.0 ft.
Deck width: 52.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +30.64515, -97.67823 (decimal degrees)
30°38'43" N, 97°40'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/626654/3391021 (zone/easting/northing)
- 700 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 72186 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 15, 2016: Added by Larry D. Moore