KCS - Colorado River Bridge
Originally the Texas & New Orleans railroad, later Southern Pacific.
Rail line abandoned 1986, purchased by KCS in 2007 and service restored and re-opened in 2009.
- Through truss bridge over Colorado River on the Kansas City Southern railway
- Wharton, Wharton County, Texas
- Open to traffic
- Built 1903; abandoned 1986, re-opened 2009
- - Kansas City Southern Railway (KCS)
- Southern Pacific Railroad (SP)
- Texas & New Orleans Railroad (TNO; T&NO)
- Main span: Camelback through truss
- Also called
- T&NO - Colorado River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +29.30725, -96.10664 (decimal degrees)
29°18'26" N, 96°06'24" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/781038/3245502 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 52892 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 19, 2012: Updated by Max : Updated "Offical name" and "categories"
- July 14, 2012: Added by Luke Harden