Tommelson Creek Bridge
BH Photo #247833
Originally Spanning Yegua Creek at Brenham-Caldwell Road
State Route 36, Somerville vicinity, Burleson County.
Moved to Tommelson Creek at Cedar Hill Road (County
Route 241), Brenham vicinity, Washington County, Texas.
Moved to Higgins Creek in Henderson Park, Brenham.
Restored as part of trail system.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Tommelson Creek on Trail
- Brenham, Washington County, Texas
- Open to pedestrians only
- Moved twice, then again to over Higgins Creek in Henderson Park, Brenham
- - Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Works of Leavenworth, Kansas
- The Yegua Creek Bridge is a rare surviving example of the work of Missouri Valley Bridge and Iron Works in Texas, and the last remaining Pratt through truss in Washington Co.
Span length: 85.0 ft.
Total length: 85.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
- Also called
- Old Yuega Creek
Cedar Hill Road
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +30.17632, -96.39708 (decimal degrees)
30°10'35" N, 96°23'49" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/750644/3341186 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numer
- BH 55393 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 19, 2014: Photo imported by Patrick Feller
- January 30, 2013: Added by aaron leibold