UP - Nueces River Bridge
Nueces River Railroad Bridge
Photo taken by Royce and Bobette Haley in September 2014
BH Photo #294848
17 concrete stringer spans leading into 12 girder spans in the western approach to four four-panel Warren with all vertical through trusses (three dated 1903)leading to two eight-panel Warren with all verticals through trusses leading to one four-panel Warren with all verticals through truss on eastern approach.
- Through truss bridge over Nueces River on Union Pacific Railroad
- Uvalde County, Texas
- Open to traffic
- Built 1903
- - Southern Pacific Railroad (SP)
- Texas & New Orleans Railroad (TNO; T&NO)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Two Polygonal Warren Through trusses with all verticals. Five Warren through trusses with all verticals. Twelve deck girder spans. With 17 concrete stringer spans leading into western approach.
Length of largest span: 236.0 ft.
Total length: 2,013.0 ft. (0.4 mi.)
Deck width: 15.0 ft.
- Also called
- SP - Nueces River Bridge
TNO - Nueces River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +29.24408, -99.90721 (decimal degrees)
29°14'39" N, 99°54'26" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/411844/3235369 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 48233 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 21, 2014: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- September 20, 2014: Updated by Royce and Bobette Haley: dates and description updates
- February 23, 2011: Added by Nathan Holth