Shoal Creek Bridge
29th street bridge creek
Substructure of the 29th Street Bridge over Shoal Creek
Photo taken by Larry D. Moore
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
BH Photo #337752
Added to the NRHP as part of the Old West Austin Historic District.
- Concrete tee beam bridge over Shoal Creek on W 29th Street
- Travis County, Texas
- Open to traffic
- Built in 1939 with financial aid from the Public Works Administration.
- - Yarbrough Construction Co. of Austin, Texas
- Concrete tee beam
Length of largest span: 43.0 ft.
Total length: 215.9 ft.
Deck width: 29.9 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on September 12, 2003
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +30.29877, -97.74897 (decimal degrees)
30°17'56" N, 97°44'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/620300/3352555 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Austin East
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numers
- TXNBI 142270B00004001 (Texas bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
NRHP 03000937 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 67996 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of February 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 74.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- September 19, 2015: New photos from Larry D. Moore
- June 11, 2015: Added by Nathan Holth