Rating:
No votes cast

Trinity River Bridge

Photos 

Photo taken by Bill Eichelberger, October, 1994

Enlarge

BH Photo #194173

Map 

Facts 

Overview
Concrete arch bridge over Trinity River on Business 287P (N. Main Street) in Fort Worth
Location
Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas
Status
Open to traffic
History
Built 1914
Builders
- Brennecke & Fay of St. Louis, Missouri (Designers)
- Hannam-Hickeys Bros of St. Louis, Missouri (Contractors)
- Virginia Bridge & Iron Co. of Roanoke, Virginia (Subcontractors) [also known as Virginia Bridge Co.]
Design
Arch
Dimensions
Length of largest span: 225.1 ft.
Total length: 1,319.0 ft.
Deck width: 54.1 ft.
Recognition
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on March 15, 1976
Also called
Main Street Bridge
Paddock Viaduct
Approximate latitude, longitude
+32.76056, -97.33528   (decimal degrees)
32°45'38" N, 97°20'07" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
14/655939/3625968 (zone/easting/northing)
Quadrangle map:
Haltom City
Inventory numbers
TXNBI 022200001401325 (Texas bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
NRHP 76002068 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 33382 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
Inspection (as of 03/2014)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 75.0 (out of 100)
Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
13,680

Update Log 

  • October 31, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added builders
  • January 4, 2012: Updated by Jason Straub: added NRHP info
  • February 24, 2011: Updated by Bill Eichelberger: Added names.

Sources 

Comments 

Trinity River Bridge
Posted October 31, 2012, by Paul Nadal (paul [dot] nadal [at] libertysurf [dot] fr)

Design: Brennecke & Fay, consulting engineers of St. Louis. Contractors: Hannam-Hickeys Bros. of St. Louis, and Virginia Bridge & Iron C, sub-contractore for the structural steel work and for its erection . CF. "Engineering & Contracting" magazine, vol. 43, n10, March 10, 1915 p. 211-217 with plans and photos .