Salt Fork Brazos River Bridge
Photo taken by Linda Thaxton in July 2011
BH Photo #205698
Thunderstorm with flood waters partially collapsed the bridge.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Salt Fork Brazos River on FM 1263
- Stonewall County, Texas
- Bypassed and abandoned in place
- (3) 5-panel, pinned Pratt through trusses
Riveted Warren pony truss
Total length: 399.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +33.26515, -100.21084 (decimal degrees)
33°15'55" N, 100°12'39" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/387225/3681335 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Kiowa Peak SW
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- TXNBI 082170AA0207001 (Texas bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 42146 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of February 2016)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 98 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- February 4, 2022: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added information.
- February 3, 2022: New photo from Bambi Sharkoman
- April 11, 2015: Updated by Royce and Bobette Haley: Updated design-and catagories
- September 12, 2011: New photos from Garry Taylor
- July 27, 2011: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- July 27, 2011: New photos from Linda Thaxton
- July 25, 2011: Updated by Linda Thaxton: Changed road number and map.
- April 20, 2011: Updated by Tony Dillon: Changed status
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Linda Thaxton
- Garry Taylor - indy311 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Jesse Sharkoman Berube - jesseberube5 [at] gmail [dot] com