GCSR - San Saba River Bridge
Photo taken by Linda Thaxton in September 2011
BH Photo #212994
Located west of San Saba, alongside of Hwy 190. Truss appears older than 1911, possibly indicating a relocation to this location. Build date comes from Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway bridge records at Temple, TX Railroad Museum.
- Pratt through truss bridge over San Saba River on Gulf Colorado & San Saba Railway
- San Saba County, Texas
- Open to traffic
- Built or relocated here 1911
- - Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (ATSF)
- Gulf, Colorado & Santa Fe Railway (GC&SF)
- Gulf, Colorado, & San Saba Railway (GCSR)
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 175.0 ft.
Total length: 1,015.0 ft.
- Also called
- ATSF - San Saba River Bridge
GCSF - San Saba River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +31.21164, -98.79947 (decimal degrees)
31°12'42" N, 98°47'58" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/519101/3453075 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 49536 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 6, 2020: Updated by John Marvig: added information from ATSF Bridge Records
- May 27, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- September 15, 2014: Updated by Luke: Added categories "Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway", "Gulf, Colorado & Santa Fe Railway", "Railroad"
- September 7, 2011: New Street View added by Ben Tate
- September 7, 2011: Added by Linda Thaxton
- Linda Thaxton
- Ben Tate - benji5221 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com