Unknown Little Brazos River Bridge
This is just a place marker. I could see the span from the road to the east but it was too muddy to get close to the west approach, where if you scramble down the cliff you can get under the span. I'll have more info in a few days on this. If it is similar to the Wildcat and Providence which are just up the way that would be a great find and important for the Movin' Bridges aspect.
- Abandoned bridge over Little Brazos River
- Hearne, Robertson County, Texas
- Future prospects
- The Chamber Directer Kent Burnett suggested they might like to move it. He showed it to me on an unexpected bridgehunting venture and said it was not on BridgeHunter. He thinks this is the third span of the trio that were moved from Hwy 21.
- Built 1900
- Latticed & Riveted Incline End Posts
Sway Bracing above Top Chord
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +30.87140, -96.64026 (decimal degrees)
30°52'17" N, 96°38'25" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/725607/3417734 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 55530 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 13, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Pin-connected", "4-panel truss"
- February 12, 2013: Added by Julie Bowers