Rock Creek Bridge
Facing west from new bridge
Photo taken by M C Toyer in October 2014
BH Photo #298939
Bridge spanned Rock Creek on Bennett Road between the Acme Brick Plant and U S Highway 80. It connected Bennett, a company town, to the larger cites of Weatherford and Fort Worth. The 1998 replacement built alongside serves the same purpose and carries a steady stream of trucks with products from the Acme Plant located one-half mile north on the only road capable of such loads.
- Pony plate girder bridge over Rock Creek on Bennet Road
- Parker County, Texas
- Intact / Closed and Replaced by New Bridge
- Built in1945, Replaced in 1998
- Central span is a steel girder and floor beam with an additional long steel stringer span and two short steel stringer spans
Length of largest span: 54.1 ft.
Total length: 168.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
- Also called
- Bennett Road Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +32.71541, -98.04608 (decimal degrees)
32°42'55" N, 98°02'46" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/589397/3620140 (zone/easting/northing)
- 740 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numbers
- TXNBI 021840AA0506002 (Texas bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 63389 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 01/1996)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 25.9 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1990)
- October 8, 2014: Added by M C Toyer
- M C Toyer - mctoyer [at] hotmail [dot] com