Cotton Belt - Drainage Trestle
Cotton Belt Trestle
About 1/4 mile east of Richland Creek Navarro County Texas.
Photo taken by Mark Wiley in February 2011
BH Photo #193742
This is only 1 of 2 Trestles remaining intact on the railroad ROW between Corsicana and Bellmead Texas. This bridge is on private land. Rails were lifted in about 1988, but line was abandoned in December 1986.
- Abandoned timber stringer bridge over Drainage on Cotton Belt Railroad
- Navarro County, Texas
- Built 1881
- - St. Louis Southwestern Railway (SSW)
- Timber stringer
Total length: 200.0 ft.
Deck width: 6.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +31.93468, -96.66554 (decimal degrees)
31°56'05" N, 96°39'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/720685/3535574 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 48146 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 16, 2011: Added by Mark Wiley