Goodman Bridge, Douglass, Texas
Photo taken by Jared Rainer and Brandon Chumley in November 2009
Bridge has been replaced and removed, and will be restored and installed at a park in Nacogdoches.
- Pony truss bridge over Angelina River on CR 789
- Nacogdoches County, Texas, and Cherokee County, Texas
- Replaced, awaiting restoration and reassembly at park
- Future prospects
- Bridge will soon be moved to a park in Nacogdoches, TX
- Built 1929
- - Austin Bridge Co.
- Polygonal Warren pony truss with alternating verticals
Length of largest span: 99.1 ft.
Total length: 149.9 ft.
Deck width: 14.8 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +31.57733, -94.89145 (decimal degrees)
31°34'38" N, 94°53'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/320512/3495139 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Durst Lakes
- Inventory numbers
- TXNBI 111740AA0510002 (Texas bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 42125 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 06/2009)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 19.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2008)
- April 1, 2012: Updated by Jared Rainer: Bridge has been removed
- February 15, 2012: Photo imported by Luke Harden
- January 19, 2012: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added Builder.
- February 10, 2010: Updated by Jared Rainer: Bridge still exists, photo added