HTR - Colorado River Bridge
Rail Road bridge fire Colorado River in Lampasas County Texas
Video posted by Alexander D. Mitchell IV
Play video on YouTube
Build date comes from Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway bridge records at Temple, TX Railroad Museum.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Colorado River on Heart of Texas Railroad
- Mills County, Texas, and San Saba County, Texas
- Open to traffic
- Built 1910, One approach added 1919; Trestle approach destroyed by fire May 2013 and rebuilt May 2014
- - JCF Bridge & Concrete of Driftwood, Texas (2014 Trestle Rebuild)
- - Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (ATSF)
- Gulf, Colorado & Santa Fe Railway (GC&SF)
- Gulf, Colorado, & San Saba Railway (GCSR)
- Heart of Texas Railroad (HTR)
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 200.0 ft.
Total length: 1,050.0 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Also called
- ATSF - Colorado River Bridge
GCSR - Colorado River Bridge
GC&SF - Colorado River Bridge
Harmony Ridge Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +31.23536, -98.56296 (decimal degrees)
31°14'07" N, 98°33'47" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/541620/3455768 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 56320 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 6, 2020: Updated by John Marvig: added information from ATSF Bridge Records
- January 29, 2015: Updated by Luke: Edited entry to show that the bridge isn't lost.
- September 15, 2014: Updated by Luke: Added categories "Colorado River (Texas)", "Gulf, Colorado & Santa Fe Railway", "Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway"
- May 26, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Heart of Texas Railroad", "Gulf Colorado & San Saba Railway", "Railroad"
- May 23, 2013: Updated by Craig Philpott: duplicate bridge listing
- May 22, 2013: Added by Alexander D. Mitchell IV
- May 22, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Gulf Colorado & San Saba Railway", "Colorado River (Texas)", "Railroad"
- May 22, 2013: Added by Craig Philpott