Regency Suspension Bridge
Driving across northbound
Video shot by Barclay Gibson
Play video on YouTube
Regency Bridge September 2017
Aerial Video of the Regency Bridge over the Colorado River in Mills / San Saba Counties, Texas.
Aerial Video by Dwayne Dove @DoveAerial
This crossing of the Colorado River was built to reopen an important agricultural route and to link San Saba and Brownwood. The Regency Suspension Bridge was nominated to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.
- Suspension bridge over Colorado River on CR 433
- Mills County, Texas, and San Saba County, Texas
- Open to traffic
- Built 1939; rehabilitated 1999
- - Austin Bridge Co. of Dallas, Texas and Atlanta, Georgia
- Spanning 340'-0" tower to tower, its 3 l/4"-diameter cables consist of 475 strands of No. 9 gauge galvanized wire anchored into concrete approximately 134 feet behind each welded steel tower. A 16'-0"-wide wooden roadway is supported on timber stringers and steel floor beams hung from steel suspension rods.
Length of largest span: 342.9 ft.
Total length: 402.9 ft.
Deck width: 14.4 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.3 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on December 12, 1976
- Also called
- Colorado River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +31.41000, -98.84611 (decimal degrees)
31°24'36" N, 98°50'46" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/514627/3475051 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 1240 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 76002052 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
TXNBI 231670AA0127001 (Texas bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
Survey number: HAER TX-61
BH 33269 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2015)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 31.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- September 24, 2017: New video from Dwayne Dove
- March 23, 2016: Updated by aaron leibold: Added construction details
- November 9, 2011: New photos from Ken Miller
- September 7, 2011: New photos from Linda Thaxton
- December 20, 2009: New video from Barclay Gibson
- May 2, 2009: Updated by Rick Mattioni: Bridge information updated.
- Rick Mattioni
- HAER TX-61 - Regency Suspension Bridge, Spanning Colorado River at County Route 126, Goldthwaite vicinity, Mills County, TX
- Linda Thaxton
- Ken Miller - dermoons [at] gmail [dot] com
- Todd Wilson
- aaron leibold - aaron [dot] mightypenguin [at] gmail [dot] com
- Dwayne Dove