Roy B. Inks Bridge
Roy B. Links Bridge
Photo taken by C Hanchey in August 2009
BH Photo #144736
This classic 4-span Parker truss has become one of the icons of the town of Llano, Texas. They love their bridge, which ties the two halves of the town together across the Llano River, as it carries Texas Highways 16 and 71 across the river.
In its 2006 rehabilitation, a new east side walkway was added, which was wider than the original west side walkway, as required for modern pedestrian crossings. The old west walkway was left as is, and the new east side walkway was built to be a replica, including the lattice railing, and use of round-head bolts that look like the rivets of the original.
- Through truss bridge over Llano River on TX 16 and TX 71 in Llano
- Llano, Llano County, Texas
- Open to traffic
- Built 1936 by the Austin Bridge Co.; rehabilitated 2006
- - Austin Bridge Co. of Dallas, Texas and Atlanta, Georgia
- Four-Span Parker Through Truss
Length of largest span: 198.2 ft.
Total length: 876.0 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.2 ft.
Listed as a contributing resource to the Llano County Courthouse Historic District
- Also called
- Old Texas Hwy 29 Bridge
Llano River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +30.75333, -98.67583 (decimal degrees)
30°45'12" N, 98°40'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/531026/3402310 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Llano North
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- Inventory numbers
- TXNBI 141500029001023 (Texas bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 33230 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2015)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 59.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 22, 2015: New photos from Roger Deschner
- July 21, 2015: Updated by Roger Deschner: Name of bridge is Roy B. Inks, not Links, per sign in photo #6.
- July 15, 2015: Updated by Roger Deschner: Added description; TX 71 also crossses bridge; NBI shows bridge as NR-listed, but actually it is NR-contributing
- August 10, 2009: Updated by C Hanchey: Bridge is known as the Roy B. Links Bridge; Added Bridge Builder; Bridge is not on the National Register
- C Hanchey - cmh2315fl [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Todd Wilson
- Roger Deschner - rogerdeschner [at] gmail [dot] com