Old Highway 80 Bridge
Old Highway 80 Hallsville TX (1)
A view looking east through the bridge towards the narrow and deteriorating paved section of old highway 80. Thats my Mini Cooper sitting down the road.
Photo taken by Hugh F Wolfe on February 25 2012
BH Photo #249191
- Abandoned truss bridge over Wards Creek on Old US Route 80 (CR3810)
- Harrison County, Texas
- Riveted Warren pony truss with all verticals
Length of largest span: 49.9 ft.
Total length: 54.1 ft.
Deck width: 16.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +32.50796, -94.55003 (decimal degrees)
32°30'29" N, 94°33'00" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/354397/3597800 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 300 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numbers
- TXNBI 191030AA0137001 (Texas bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 55574 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 07/1998)
- Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 26.4 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1990)
- February 24, 2013: New photos from Wayne Kizziar
- February 17, 2013: Updated by Hugh F Wolfe: Set the GPS location by using Google Maps (placed indicator at junction of Wards Creek and Old Hwy 80), merged NBI data.
- February 16, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Moved coordinates slightly to the left.
- February 16, 2013: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added truss type and adjusted coordinates
- February 16, 2013: Added by Hugh F Wolfe
- Hugh F Wolfe - hughfwolfe [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Wayne Kizziar - waynekizziar [at] gmail [dot] com