Yale Street Bridge
While that bridge is not currently scheduled for demolition/removal/replacement, retail development nearby and consequent truck traffic have resulted in serious discussion of options that would endanger the bridge and its integrity.
- Concrete tee beam bridge over White Oak Bayou on Yale Street
- Houston, Harris County, Texas
- Open to traffic
- Future prospects
- Scheduled for Replacement
- Built 1931
- - J. P. Miller & Co.
- J.G. McKenzie of Houston, Texas
- Concrete tee beam
Length of largest span: 55.1 ft.
Total length: 264.1 ft.
Deck width: 40.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on December 30, 2011
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +29.77500, -95.39861 (decimal degrees)
29°46'30" N, 95°23'55" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/268104/3296265 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Houston Heights
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 11000981 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
TXNBI 121020B71457079 (Texas bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 50827 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 10/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 24.7 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- July 10, 2014: Photo imported by Patrick Feller
- April 20, 2014: Updated by Patrick Feller: Added category "White Oak Bayou"
- February 28, 2014: Photo imported by Dave King
- June 8, 2012: Photo imported by Luke Harden
- January 6, 2012: Added by Jason Straub
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com