Collapsed Bridge over Spring Creek on Lost (Logging?) Road
Photo taken by Patrick Feller
License: Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY)
View this photo on Flickr
BH Photo #307426
The remains of at least one steel stringer bridge span are on the south bank of the creek, alongside remains of an asphalt covered wooden deck. There are the remains of timber supports, in the creek and on the south bank. Higher on the banks on both north and south sides are the remains of steel guardrails and asphalt paving.
The area had been heavily used for logging decades ago and there are many tracks of old logging roads in the woods in the area, though development has obliterated most traces.
It is clear that after this bridge collapsed, the south end (now heavily eroded) was used as a dump, mostly for tires, until very recently.
- Lost Steel stringer bridge over Spring Creek on Unknown
- Spring, Harris County, Texas, and Montgomery County, Texas
- Steel stringer
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +30.06271, -95.33497 (decimal degrees)
30°03'46" N, 95°20'06" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/274908/3328032 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numer
- BH 63955 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 3, 2014: Added by Patrick Feller