Bevil Jarrel Memorial Bridge
This bridge is only one of three examples of the T22-200 standard bridge design surviving in Texas.
- Through truss bridge over San Jacinto River on US 59 Northbound Frontage Road in Houston
- Houston, Harris County, Texas
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1931, Converted to pedestrian use 2007.
- - Houston Structural Steel Co. of Houston, Texas (Fabricator)
- Standard Construction Co. of Houston, Texas (Contractor)
- Riveted Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 200.1 ft.
Total length: 1,498.1 ft.
Deck width: 22.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.1 ft.
- Also called
- TX35 - San Jacinto River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +30.02742, -95.25782 (decimal degrees)
30°01'39" N, 95°15'28" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/282270/3323971 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- TXNBI 121020017706027 (Texas bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 33087 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 6, 2014: Updated by Luke Harden: Added builders, changed name, noted that the bridge is open to pedestrians
- July 13, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added minor info
- April 19, 2010: Updated by Nathan Holth: Updated bridge type.