Rock Lake Ranch Bridge
BH Photo #247814
The Old Gibbons Creek bridge, an early 20th century steel-truss bridge nicknamed by local residents the “Shanghai Bridge,” once stood a few miles away. Abandoned in the 1980s, it was moved and restored in 2009 and provides a scenic approach to the Waterfront Pavilion and other outdoor areas at Rock Lake Ranch.
- Warren pony truss with alternating verticals bridge over Rock Creek on private drive
- Grimes County, Texas
- Open to traffic
- Warren pony truss with alternating verticals
Span length: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 60.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
- Also called
- Old Gibbons Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +30.59036, -96.09622 (decimal degrees)
30°35'25" N, 96°05'46" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/778448/3387797 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 55392 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 6, 2014: Updated by Luke Harden: Added link to imagery
- January 30, 2013: Added by aaron leibold