Oak Forest Bridge
Oak Forest Bridge
Photo taken by C Hanchey in August 2009
BH Photo #145394
Previous Bridge Location was 29.487778, -97.586944
- Reolcated through truss bridge. Formerly CR 143 bridge over the Guadalupe River.
- Gonzales, Gonzales County, Texas
- Relocated from CR 143 over the Guadalupe River to a pedestrian trail over Kerr Creek in Gonzales
- Built 1913; Replacement bridge constructed in 2003 and main span relocated for a pedestrian trail over Kerr Creek in Gonzales
- - A.A. Alsbury & Co.
- Ottumwa Bridge Co. of Ottumwa, Iowa
- Parker through truss with two Pratt trusses on either side of the main span
Length of largest span: 140.1 ft.
Total length: 359.9 ft.
Deck width: 14.8 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.6 ft.
- Also called
- Guadalupe River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +29.50912, -97.42958 (decimal degrees)
29°30'33" N, 97°25'47" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/652212/3265421 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- Inventory numbers
- TXNBI 130900AA0143001 (Texas bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 33037 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of December 2017)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 96.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 22, 2018: Updated by Nathan Holth: Fixed GPS to reflect current bridge location.
- January 29, 2013: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added additional builder info.
- August 15, 2009: New photos from C Hanchey
- July 13, 2009: Updated by C Hanchey: Main span of bridge was relocated for use a pedestrian bridge in Gonzales