UP - Brazos River Bridge (Simonton)
Plans have been for the bridge to be incorporated in a hike and bike trail and a concrete bridge extends across the river, though no improvements have been made on the truss bridge's track bed.
- Camelback Through Truss bridge over Brazos River on railroad
- Simonton, Fort Bend County, Texas, and Austin County, Texas
- Future prospects
- Plans have been for the bridge to be incorporated in a hike and bike trail and a concrete bridge extends across the river, though no improvements have been made on the truss bridge's track bed.
- Built 1922; Second truss removed in 1981
- - Elder Construction Co. of San Antonio, Texas (Substructure)
- Virginia Bridge & Iron Co. of Roanoke, Virginia (Superstructure) [also known as Virginia Bridge Co.]
- - San Antonio & Aransas Pass Railway (SA&AP)
- Southern Pacific Railroad (SP)
- Texas & New Orleans Railroad (TNO)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Single abandoned 260 ft Camelback Skewed Through Truss section.
Length of largest span: 260.0 ft.
Total length: 1,200.0 ft.
Deck width: 14.0 ft.
- Also called
- SP - Brazos River Bridge (Simonton)
TNO - Brazos River Bridge (Simonton)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +29.67154, -96.02084 (decimal degrees)
29°40'18" N, 96°01'15" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/788341/3286102 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 49394 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 3, 2020: New photo from Luke
- June 14, 2019: Updated by Luke: Added builders
- January 9, 2019: Updated by Luke: Added build date
- July 22, 2014: New Street View added by Ralph Demars
- August 22, 2011: Added by aaron leibold