Red River Bridge
- Through truss bridge over Red River on TX 78 OK 78
- Fannin County, Texas, and Bryan County, Oklahoma
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Built 1938
- - Illinois Steel Bridge Co. of Jacksonville, Illinois
- Kansas City Bridge Co. of Kansas City, Missouri
- Kellner Jetties Co.
- U.S. Bureau of Public Roads of Washington, D.C.
- K-Parker through truss.
Eight riveted K-truss through spans, with two camelback pony truss spans at each end.
Length of largest span: 212.9 ft.
Total length: 2,112.0 ft. (0.4 mi.)
Deck width: 24.9 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on December 20, 1996
- Also called
- State Highway 78 Bridge at the Red River
Sowell's Bluff Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +33.75382, -96.19669 (decimal degrees)
33°45'14" N, 96°11'48" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/759663/3738391 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- Inventory numbers
- TXNBI 010750027902024 (Texas bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
NRHP 96001517 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 33015 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of December 2014)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 43.4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 23, 2015: Essay added by Brad Smith
- September 10, 2014: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added K-truss category.
- March 12, 2014: Photo imported by Dave King
- February 28, 2014: Photo imported by Dave King
- January 4, 2012: Updated by Jason Straub: updated NRHP info
- March 22, 2010: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added Street View.