Barton Creek Bridge
Constructed in 1890 across Barton Creek oriented east-west along main road from Stephenville (Erath County) to Gordon (Palo Pinto County).
Bypassed in 1924 and replaced by a steel truss bridge oriented north-south erected on realigned road approximately 100 meters northeast.
The 1924 steel truss was replaced by the present prestressed concrete stringer bridge in 2004.
- Abandoned bridge over Barton Creek on CR 119
- Erath County, Texas
- Abandoned and severly deterioriated
- Built 1890 by Runyon Bridge Co., bypassed and abandoned in 1924
- - Runyon Bridge Co.
- Runyon-patent cable-stayed suspension bridge.
Length of largest span: 100.0 ft.
Total length: 120.0 ft.
Deck width: 8.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +32.50609, -98.35062 (decimal degrees)
32°30'22" N, 98°21'02" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/560998/3596720 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 971 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 42498 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 1, 2014: Updated by M C Toyer: Update details and add new photos
- May 2, 2009: Added by Rick Mattioni
- Rick Mattioni
- HAER TX-87 - Barton Creek Bridge, Spanning Barton Creek, Huckabay vicinity, Erath County, TX
- M C Toyer - mctoyer [at] hotmail [dot] com