MKT - Mill Creek Bridge
Abandoned MKT Railroad Bridge
Steel Frame remains intact however floor deck is gone. Creek is about 30 foot below bridge.
Photo taken by Mark Wiley in February 2011
BH Photo #193744
This Bridge was Built by the MKT railroad around 1933. This is among 4 other structures intact along this mainline that stretched from Dallas to Hillsboro Texas. Rails were lifted around 1995.
- Abandoned Polygonal Warren pony truss bridge over Mill Creek on MKT Railroad
- Milford, Ellis County, Texas
- Built 1933
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad (MKT)
- Polygonal Warren pony truss
Length of largest span: 25.0 ft.
Total length: 60.0 ft.
Deck width: 8.0 ft.
- Also called
- Katy Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +32.12885, -96.93731 (decimal degrees)
32°07'44" N, 96°56'14" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/694577/3556581 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numer
- BH 48147 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 28, 2014: New Street View added by Luke
- September 27, 2014: Added by Chris Cates
- March 20, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Corrected name
- August 9, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- February 16, 2011: Updated by David Backlin: Added stream name
- February 16, 2011: Added by Mark Wiley
- Mark Wiley
- David Backlin - us71 [at] cox [dot] net
- Chris Cates - chriscates1 [at] hotmail [dot] com