MKT Mill Creek Bridge
Abandoned MKT Railroad Bridge
Steel Frame remains intact however floor deck is gone. Creek is about 30 foot below bridge.
Photo taken by Mark Wiley in February 2011
This Bridge was Built by the MKT railroad around 1933. This is among 4 other structures intact along this mainline that stretched from Dallas to Hillsboro Texas. Rails were lifted around 1995.
- Abandoned bridge over Mill Creek on MKT Railroad
- Milford, Ellis County, Texas
- Built 1933
Length of largest span: 25.0 ft.
Total length: 60.0 ft.
Deck width: 8.0 ft.
- Also called
- Katy Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +32.12885, -96.93731 (decimal degrees)
32°07'44" N, 96°56'14" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/694577/3556581 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory number
- BH 48147 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 20, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Corrected name
- August 9, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- February 16, 2011: Updated by David Backlin: Added stream name
- February 16, 2011: Added by Mark Wiley
- Mark Wiley
- David Backlin - us71 [at] cox [dot] net
- Luke Harden - lukemh9 [at] gmail [dot] com