Hachtel Drive (old FM 455) over Duck Creek
FM 455 Bridge over Duck Creek in Sanger
Photo taken by DJ Taylor in November 2012
BH Photo #275092
Located on closed county road but access blocked by private property (Hachtel Drive). 1.5 miles west of Sanger TX off FM 455 on north side. Not visible from public ROW.
FM 455 was realigned about 1956 and a new bridge built.
Closed bridge is approximately 100 feet in length consisting of one steel pony truss about 70 feet long and short concrete spans about 15 feet long on each approach.
Bridge deck is about 15-16 feet wide concrete overlaid with 1 inch of asphalt. Overall condition is good with a few dings in the steel and concrete railings.
- Warren pony truss bridge over Duck Creek on Hachtel Drive (old FM 455)
- Denton County, Texas
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Warren pony truss with alternating verticals
Length of largest span: 70.0 ft.
Total length: 100.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.0 ft.
- Also called
- Duck Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +33.36712, -97.20615 (decimal degrees)
33°22'02" N, 97°12'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/666887/3693424 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 625 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 62970 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 13, 2015: Updated by James Baughn: Merged duplicate pages
- September 12, 2014: Added by M C Toyer
- February 19, 2014: Added by Jerrell Parker
- Jerrell Parker - jerrell [dot] parker [at] gmail [dot] com
- M C Toyer - mctoyer [at] hotmail [dot] com
- James Baughn - webmaster [at] bridgehunter [dot] com