Sam Bass Road Bridge at Clear Creek
Sam Bass Through Truss
Abandoned truss frame in nearby field
BH Photo #239406
Bridge has been reserved for City of Sanger for a park. Was originally located near Duck Creek Cemetery; served far northwest Denton County residents and Wise County residents as part of their postal route.
- Through truss bridge over Clear Creek on Sam Bass Road
- Denton County, Texas
- Truss frame abandoned in field near new bridge
- Built 1908 for $1500 - Replaced 2007. Truss frame left in nearby field
- - Austin Brothers Bridge Co. of Dallas Texas/Atlanta, Georgia
- Pratt through truss, link and pin construction.
Length of largest span: 132.9 ft.
Total length: 150.0 ft.
Deck width: 126.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +33.34833, -97.21750 (decimal degrees)
33°20'54" N, 97°13'03" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/665867/3691322 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- TXNBI 180610AA0152002 (Texas bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 32950 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 08/2009)
- Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 99.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- February 24, 2014: New photo from Jerrell Parker
- September 15, 2012: Updated by aaron leibold: Truss frame in field near new bridge
- May 7, 2011: Updated by Tony Dillon: Bridge replaced
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- aaron leibold - aaron [dot] mightypenguin [at] gmail [dot] com
- Jerrell Parker - jerrell [dot] parker [at] gmail [dot] com