Paris to Tarrant Road Bridge
North Sulphur River Truss
BH Photo #349793
This bridge in Lamar and Delta Counties on the old North Sulphur River. This bridge would have been in use prior to the channelization of the river in the 1920's. It would have been on a road known as the Paris to Tarrant Road. The crossing would have been south of the Biardstown community in Lamar County.
- Pony truss bridge over North Sulphur River on CR 228
- Delta County, Texas
- Built ca. 1920
- Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 104.0 ft.
Deck width: 11.2 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +33.45516, -95.53916 (decimal degrees)
33°27'19" N, 95°32'21" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/263997/3704631 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- TXNBI 010600AA0228002 (Texas bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 42006 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 11, 2016: New photo from aaron leibold