Through view facing north
Photo taken by M C Toyer in February 2009
BH Photo #306661
Constructed ca 1957-58 from bank to bank on Trinity River within the bottoms formed by levees in 1929-30.
This bridge replaced a Pratt through truss constructed in 1930 and lost to floods in 1957. This bridge has been replaced by a viaduct spanning from levee to levee directly overhead.
Bridge was preserved in place during the new construction and incorporated into the Dallas Hike and Bike Trail System
- Steel stringer bridge over Trinity River on Westmoreland Road / Hike and Bike Trail
- Dallas, Dallas County, Texas
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1957, Replaced 1989, Converted to Hike and Bike Trail 2010
- Steel stringer bridge with concrete deck and steel beam fence rails
Length of largest span: 100.0 ft.
Total length: 240.0 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +32.79811, -96.87401 (decimal degrees)
32°47'53" N, 96°52'26" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/699071/3630906 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 63893 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 30, 2014: Added by M C Toyer
- M C Toyer - mctoyer [at] hotmail [dot] com