DGNO - Main Street Overpass (W)
Facing Southeast - New DART Bridge in Foreground
Photo taken by M C Toyer in August 2014
BH Photo #294712
Built in 1922 over Bankhead Highway / TX 1 / later also designated US 67. This was also Main Street in the City of Rowlett.
Highway was re-designated TX 66 about 1950 then re-routed due to the construction of Lake Ray Hubbard in the late 1960s.
The railroad ROW and tracks are presently owned by Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) and leased to the Dallas Garland and Northeast Railroad (DGNO)since 1992.
- Bridge over West Main Street on DGNO Railroad
- Rowlett, Dallas County, Texas
- Open to traffic
- Built 1922
- - Dallas, Garland & Northeastern Railroad (DGNO)
- Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad (MKT)
Length of largest span: 17.1 ft.
Total length: 35.1 ft.
- Also called
- MKT - Bankhead Highway Overpass (W)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +32.90283, -96.57336 (decimal degrees)
32°54'10" N, 96°34'24" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/726962/3643126 (zone/easting/northing)
- 480 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numbers
- TXNBI 180570000921015 (Texas bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
TXNBI 180570T00280002 (Texas bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 63080 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- October 2, 2014: New photo from M C Toyer
- September 20, 2014: New Street View added by Luke
- September 20, 2014: Added by M C Toyer
- M C Toyer - mctoyer [at] hotmail [dot] com