DGNO - Commerce Street Overpass
Photo taken by M C Toyer in August 2014
BH Photo #294603
Originally built for Missouri Kansas Texas Railway in 1922 over Bankhead Highway / TX 1 / later designated US 67.
The highway was later TX 66 / East Commerce Street and was re-routed due to the construction of Lake Ray Hubbard in the late 1960s.
The railroad tracks have been operated by the Dallas, Garland and Northeastern Railroad (DGNO) since 1992.
Rehabilitated and expanded for DART Blue Line (Dallas to Rowlett) ca 2010-12. Dual tracks added for DART.
Commerce Street was closed to vehicular traffic and re-purposed as a hike and bike trail.
- October 2, 2014: New photo from M C Toyer
- September 20, 2014: New Street View added by Ralph Demars
- September 19, 2014: Added by M C Toyer
- M C Toyer - mctoyer [at] hotmail [dot] com