Spring Creek Bridge
Photo taken by W Schutz in March 2005
BH Photo #224348
Following replacement of the deck with a 12" concrete slab, the bridge may be more accurately described as a concrete flat slab bridge on steel supports. Truss does not carry significant load.
- Pony truss bridge over Spring Creek on CR 25
- Carson County, Texas
- Open to traffic
- Built 1930
- - Austin Bridge Co. of Dallas, Texas/Atlanta, Georgia
- Warren pony truss with alternating verticals.
Shop-riveted and field-bolted, single-span Warren pony truss with parallel top chord and one set of verticals.
Length of largest span: 59.1 ft.
Total length: 60.0 ft.
Deck width: 17.4 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.54472, -101.20611 (decimal degrees)
35°32'41" N, 101°12'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/300015/3935692 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- Inventory numbers
- TXNBI 040330AA0151001 (Texas bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 32821 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 44.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- February 2, 2012: Updated by W Schutz: Added description