North Bosque River Bridge
Photo taken by Dave Shaffer
BH Photo #209267
According to the state historical marker, ''Built in 1884 by the Wrought Iron Bridge Company of Canton, Ohio, at a cost of $6,465, this bridge spans 150 feet across the North Bosque River. This type of bridge, called a Whipple truss, was named for its designer. One of the few remaining Whipple truss bridges in the state, it opened up travel routes from the south and west to the north and east. Withstanding many floods, the bridge provided an important transportation connection for Bosque County residents from 1884 to 1941 when traffic was routed west of the Bosque River to the newly constructed Highway 6. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1996.'' The Warren approach spans were added at a later date, possibly in 1941. They replaced either wood or iron stringer approach spans.
- Through truss bridge over North Bosque River on CR 3112 in Clifton
- Bosque County, Texas
- Open to traffic
- Built 1884
- - Wrought Iron Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- Whipple Through truss
Length of largest span: 148.0 ft.
Total length: 371.1 ft.
Deck width: 17.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.2 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +31.79333, -97.57194 (decimal degrees)
31°47'36" N, 97°34'19" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/635195/3518416 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- Inventory numbers
- TXNBI 090180AA0333001 (Texas bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 32785 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2016)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 28.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 4, 2020: New photos from Scott Wiley
- August 19, 2011: Updated by aaron leibold: According to the state historical marker
- aaron leibold - aaron [dot] mightypenguin [at] gmail [dot] com
- Todd Wilson
- Scott Wiley - fifty [dot] fathoms [at] yahoo [dot] com