River Walk Flood Gate Bridge
Riverwalk N. Entrance Flood gate
Photo taken by Royce and Bobette Haley in April 2014
BH Photo #289550
This bridge/floodgate was part of a massive project to correct deadly flooding in downtown San Antonio. Which to this day includes a straightening of the river though downtown, many dams along the river, massive bore flood tunnels under the city, a flood channel and other initiatives that have been put in place over several decades.
- Bridge over San Antonio River on River Walk
- San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built in 1941 to help control flooding in downtown San Antonio
- - Robert H. H. Hugman (architect)
Total length: 50.0 ft.
Deck width: 10.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +29.42510, -98.49227 (decimal degrees)
29°25'30" N, 98°29'32" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/549249/3255191 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 61968 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 29, 2014: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- July 26, 2014: New Street View added by Royce and Bobette Haley
- Todd Wilson
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com