San Antonio Zoo Railroad Bridge
Bridge side view
Photo taken by Markus Haas in June 2011
BH Photo #200441
This bridge carries the the San Antonio Zoo Railroad (known as the Brackenridge Park Railroad before 2001), an amusement ride that circles a portion of the park. The track gauge is only 24 inches, so this bridge is about the size of what would be used for a pedestrian walkway. The lengths and height listed are approximate.
- Warren through truss bridge over San Antonio River on San Antonio Zoo Railroad
- San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas
- Open to traffic
- Built 1956
- - San Antonio Zoo Railroad (SAZ)
- Warren through truss with all verticals
Length of largest span: 70.0 ft.
Total length: 100.0 ft.
Deck width: 6.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 8.0 ft.
- Also called
- SAZ - San Antonio River Bridge
Brackenridge Park Railroad Bridge
The San Antonio Zoo Eagle Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +29.46170, -98.47093 (decimal degrees)
29°27'42" N, 98°28'15" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/551301/3259256 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- San Antonio East
- Inventory number
- BH 48862 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 23, 2016: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- June 13, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Railroad", "San Antonio Zoo Railroad"
- June 5, 2011: Added by Markus Haas
- Markus Haas - markus [at] sweeet [dot] net
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com