Salado Bridge in Salado, Texas
Photo taken by Larry D. Moore in May 2016
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
BH Photo #353557
Concrete slab low water crossing of Salado Creek built in 1922-23. Originally 18' wide, the State Highway Department widened in to 24' in 1941.
- Slab bridge over Salado Creek
- Salado, Bell County, Texas
- Open to traffic
- Built in 1922
- - E. Blankenstein of Temple, Texas
- S. J. Treadaway of Dallas, Texas
- Texas Highway Department
Length of largest span: 22.0 ft.
Total length: 396.0 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +30.94399, -97.53727 (decimal degrees)
30°56'38" N, 97°32'14" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/639729/3424311 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 565 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 72208 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 16, 2016: Added by Larry D. Moore